Sustainable Facilities Management Services (SFMS) is a fully integrated facilities management company that specializes in “Green Building” methodology with a core management team that has over 50 years’ experience in facilities management and consulting serving the federal, state, and local governments, as well as the industrial and commercial market place. Our purpose is to contribute to the sustainability of facilities we manage and the quality of life for the people that work there.
Our sustainability methods and practices rely on our fully integrated holistic approach to deliver all of the services: administrative, project management, operations and maintenance and strategy consulting. We use the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Existing Building Operation and Maintenance Rating System (EBO&M) as a framework for operations and upgrades and documenting the sustainable performance to manage your facilities at no additional costs. Using our green practices, SFMS maintains high performance and increases the lifespan and —ultimately— the value of your physical assets.
Download our SFMS Brochure
We are proud to offer the Triple Bottom Line:
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE
Facilities Management Green Building Practices and Methodology
Lower Operating Costs
Superior Operations and Maintenance Programs
- • Reduce Operating Costs
- • Review total building operating practices and incorporate best practices to increase building efficiencies
- • Conduct a facilitywide energy audit and use those results to recommend potential cost savings
- • Develop and implement key performance indicators and require completion of monthly and quarterly reporting dashboards to report on: resource consumption and efficiencies and reductions (i.e. energy, water, waste, emissions, etc.)
- • Asset Management Programs
- • Install a robust system and work management program for planning, scheduling, executing, tracking and documenting service requests and asset management preventive maintenance (PM) for all building equipment and systems
- • Optimization of life cycle costs and assessment
- • Maintain experienced qualified skilled on-site staff
Sustainable Green Practices
Efficient use of valuable resources, energy, water and materials
- • Maintain optimal Indoor environmental quality using our asset management programs to control and maintain the systems
- • Establish goals, policies and strategies to achieve continuous and ongoing sustainability improvements
- • Provide monthly and quarterly reporting dashboards to help keep score and report on resource consumption, emissions and waste production to ensure efficient use and reduction programs
- • Communicate sustainability goals, procedures and achievements with staff, management, building owners, and occupants
- • Use of certified green products: recycled paper products; green cleaning products; low VOC paints/coating/adhesives/sealants; carpet with recycled material content; recycled plastic products; low emitting carpet/carpet cushions; sustainable wood products; pest control products; lawn and turf products, etc.
- • Partner with other service providers that follow the same purchasing policies and methodology in the performance of their services
- • Provide to all our staff Leadership in Energy and Environmental and Design (LEED) for existing Building Operation and Maintenance (EBO&M) educational training
- • We require all Site managers and Chief Engineers to be LEED accredited
Excellent Customer Service
Employing committed staff focused on providing the best services to our customers
- • We treat all employees with fairness, respect and courtesy, and believe that these principles result in a more responsive and productive staff and better service to our clients
- • We use an iterative process for communication and participation with all the onsite staff to ensure the project goals and objectives are understood and achieved
- • We install a robust Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and a work order management program for planning, scheduling, executing, tracking and documenting customer requests through our call centers
- • We hire experienced, qualified, skilled staff and train them on excellent customer service prior to working on site
- • Conduct monthly Facilities Management (FM) staff team meetings to review customer response time, operational results and opportunities for improvement
- • We provide all staff with ongoing training to enhance their skills, knowledge and career enhancement
Sustainable Facilities Management Services (SFMS)
1000 Pennsylvania Ave, S.E.
Washington DC 20003-2142
Satellite offices in Maryland, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) in the District of Columbia as a Local Business Enterprise (LBE), Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and Woman-Owned Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE)
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the states of Maryland and Massachusetts
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certified by the District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT).
SFMS is a member of the Capital Region Minority Development Council.
SFMS is proud to be a member of the U. S. Green Building Council